Terms & Pilotfish Principles
Website Terms and Conditions
Pilotfish Holding B.V. ("Pilotfish") offers this website (www.pilotfish.eu), including all information, software, products and services available from this Website or offered as part of or in conjunction with this website, to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all of the terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. Pilotfish reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions immediately by posting the changed Terms and Conditions in this location.
Your continued use of the Website constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices, and any changes to the Terms and Conditions made by Pilotfish.
Use the website at your own risk. This website is provided to you "as is," without warranty of any kind either express or implied. Neither Pilotfish nor its employees, agents, third-party information providers, merchants, licensors or the like warrant that the Website or its operation will be accurate, reliable, uninterrupted or error-free. No agent or representative has the authority to create any warranty regarding the website on behalf of Pilotfish. Pilotfish reserves the right to change or discontinue at any time any aspect or feature of the Website.
Exclusion of Liability
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Except as otherwise expressly provided in these terms and conditions, you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, modify, rewrite, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any material contained on the Website without the prior consent of the copyright owner.
None of the material contained on Pilotfish may be reverse-engineered, disassembled, decompiled, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, translated into any language or computer language, retransmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photo reproduction, recordation or otherwise), resold or redistributed without the prior written consent of Pilotfish. Violation of this provision may result in severe civil and criminal penalties.
Pilotfish fosters a world where design enriches and enhances the user experience. We pursue this goal by creating electronic products which fill the missing link between technology and users, transforming complex electronic technologies into meaningful and desirable user experiences, and accepting responsibility for all of our actions. We are committed to doing business in a sustainable and socially and environmentally responsible manner, and have set high standards for the way we conduct business in areas from social and corporate responsibility to sound business ethics, including compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Pilotfish employees are bound to these Pilotfish Principles. We commit ourselves to behave according to accepted ethical principles when interacting with colleagues, customers, suppliers, business partners and shareholders and equally we expect the same commitment from our suppliers. We request our clients and suppliers to comply with the Pilotfish Principles as amended from time to time and as available in its current version on www.pilotfish.eu unless the supplier has implemented a Principles that is as strict as the Pilotfish Principles. The Pilotfish Principles defines the standards of governance and practice that must be adhered to by all companies conducting business with Pilotfish.
The Pilotfish Principles to the extent as set out below apply to all Clients and Suppliers with whom Pilotfish have a contractual relationship, including contractors, suppliers of goods and services, co-packers and joint-venture partners ("Clients or Suppliers"). It is a prerequisite for doing business with Pilotfish that any Client or Supplier complies with these. Even though Pilotfish acknowledges that legislation and cultural patterns vary across the world and that Clients and Suppliers consequently operate under different circumstances, these Principles set out the basic requirements any Client or Supplier must comply with. In cases where the law in question is more comprehensive than these Principles, current law applies. In cases where these Principles are more comprehensive than the law in question, these Principles apply.
The Working Environment
The Client or Supplier shall ensure a healthy and safe working environment where the sources of noise and air pollution are under control. Applicable laws and regulations for a good working environment, including the safety and health of the employees, must be complied with. Factory facilities must be well maintained and kept in clean condition.
The Client or Supplier shall especially:
• Ensure that indoor production and work areas have adequate air circulation.
• Constantly increase safety in production by ensuring sufficient light in the areas used for - as an example - moulding, printing and finishing activities.
• Protect the employees against noise and air pollution by mandatory use of protective equipment against damages to hearing, sight, respiratory, passages etc. The protective equipment should be made available by the Client or Supplier free of charge.
• Ensure the health of the employees by protecting the employees against the risks involved in performing their work.
• Give reasonable access to drinking water and toilet facilities. Sanitary conditions should be satisfactory and kept clean.
• Keep well-stocked first-aid kit available in each production unit for medical reasons.
• Make it possible to exit the facility from inside.
• Place well-functioning fire alarms and fire extinguishers in each production unit.
• Store dangerous and/or toxic substances safely in locations that are adequately ventilated and ensure that handling of these materials is safe. Waste from use of dangerous and/or toxic substances should be treated in accordance with applicable law.
The Client or Supplier shall treat all his employees with respect and dignity and shall ensure all applicable laws and regulations.
The Client or Supplier shall especially:
• Not use child labour. The term "child" refers to any person employed under the age of 15, or under the age for completing compulsory education, or under the minimum age for employment in the country, whichever is greatest. The use of legitimate workplace apprenticeship programs, however, is supported by us.
• Not use forced labour, regardless of its form, or involuntary prison labour. Physically abusive disciplinary practices will not be tolerated.
• Not use illegal workers.
• Not tolerate harassment or discrimination on the basis of sex, race, colour, religion, age, ethnic or national origin, marital/parental status or sexual orientation.
• Respect the legal rights of employees to join or to refrain from joining worker organizations, including trade unions.
• Comply with applicable law regulating hours of work. If no current law applies, Pilotfish stipulates maximum standard working hours of 10 hours per day and 50 hours per week. Working hours must be organized in such a way that the employee can plan his own leisure time. In each 7-day cycle the employee is entitled to at least one day off.
• Comply with the current law concerning wages, compensation for overtime and payment procedures. The employees are entitled to at least a statutory minimum wage or the standard rate in the industry.
Environmental Friendly Production
The Client or Supplier shall operate in a manner that is protective of the environment. At a minimum, the Client or Supplier shall follow all environmental laws and regulations. The Client or Supplier shall gradually promote environmentally friendly production. Waste, wastewater and energy consumption are important elements in environmentally friendly production. The Client or Supplier must therefore be able to handle his waste, including waste from toxic substances, in a satisfactory way. The Client or Supplier is recommended to use the international standard ISO 14001 as a starting point and a basis for his work.
If the Client or Supplier retains subcontractors to perform work on the goods or their component parts, the Client or Supplier will only use subcontractors that will adhere to the requirements of these Principles.
The Client or Supplier shall conduct his business in accordance with the highest ethical standards. Clients and Suppliers must strictly comply with all laws and regulations on bribery, corruption and prohibited business practices.
Depending on the destination and on the nature of our products the export of our products is subject to export control regulations and trade sanctions. These restrictions either prohibit trade, prohibit an export, require a license or the notification of authorities. Clients and Suppliers will comply with all international law and trade regulations.
Clients and Suppliers will also respect the intellectual property rights of others, will not obtain confidential information of other parties by improper means or disclose such information without authorization, and shall protect confidentiality and integrity of data, including the data of employees and customers, by technical and organizational means by adhering to the applicable data protection regulations.
Communications and Record Keeping
The Client or Supplier must make the Principles and other relevant information available to employees in the local language in an accessible way. Clients and Suppliers shall maintain documentation necessary to demonstrate compliance with these Principles and must provide Pilotfish with access to that documentation upon Pilotfish's request.